- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules or 1 cube crushed with a mortar and pestle
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed with a mortar and pestle
- 2 teaspoons powdered mustard
- 1 teaspoon powdered onion
- 1 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle pepper flakes for mild sauce, 1/2 teaspoon for medium, 1 teaspoon for hot
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups prepared yellow mustard
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
1) Dissolve the bouillon in an ounce of water. Set aside.
2) Crush the rosemary leaves in a mortar and pestle and add to a nonreactive one quart bowl. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix.
3) Add the bouillon and the rest of the ingredients and whisk until they are mixed together thoroughly. Let it sit for a an hour in the refrigerator for the flavors to meld. No cooking necessary.
4) Do not use a rub. Mop with Carolina Mop-sauce if you wish. Cook them until ready. Add sauce. Serve extra sauce on the side.