- 1 1/2 cups of distilled vinegar (do not use cider vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar (white, light brown, or dark brown)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely ground black pepper
1) Pour all the ingredients into a jar and shake. Let it sit for at least 12 hours to allow the flavors to meld. A week is better. Mop it on the meat with this sauce with basting brush once every hour while cooking.
2) Take the remaining mop and boil it to sterilize it and give the meat one last splash before serving. To prevent contamination by uncooked meat, make sure to use a clean brush. Serve the sauce in a cruet on the side so your guests can drizzle more on if they wish.