- 6 large potatoes - peeled
- 3 eggs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 teaspoons sweet or dill pickle relish(whichever you like)
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons creamy salad dressing or mayo
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, and roughly cut potatoes into chunks. Place in a large mixing bowl.
Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
In a mixing bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, onion, celery, relish and bell pepper. Blend together the mustard, salad dressing, salt and pepper and add to salad and mix well. Sprinkle with paprika and refrigerate until chilled.
This is a classic good potato salad recipe.